Visual Development Artists design and develop the look, feel and use their power of imagination to propose ideas for films, videos, animations and other types of productions which are based on story, action and character. They make use of fine art, illustration and design skills that communicate ideas about how they envision the animated world. Visual artist working in either 2D animation or 3D animation, they use software such as Maya, Blender and Photoshop. Visual development artists also called concept artists.
Visual development artists work in artistic visions to bring some of the most iconic characters and worlds to a global audience. Visual artist generates and maintains the vision – with characters, backgrounds, colors, lighting, environments and props.
Click on below Video: Advice for a Young Artist
Visual Development Artists Work in Various Fields:
- Film Development
- Web Design
- Graphic Design
- Video Production
- Marketing and Advertising
- Game design and Development Firms
Objective of Visual Development Artists
The overall objective of a Visual development artist is to produce visually appealing works of art.
- A Visual Artist must come up with a viable idea. Visual Artists Create sketches and project plans to help them to track and ensure the finished piece meets the requirement of the client.
- Some Visual development artists create graphics for use in marketing and advertising campaigns. To assure the graphics complement the rest of the campaign, a Visual Artists works with creative directors, advertising writers and marketing experts.
- Sales departments rely on visual development artists to produce presentations for business expos, pitch meetings and other sales events.
- While creating a model or sculpture, a visual development artist may have to modify raw materials. Molding clay and bending metal are two of the tasks a Visual Artist must perform when working on modeling and sculpturing projects.
- Visual development artists are responsible for choosing the right materials for each project whether it is animation film, video production or game design. To select the right materials, a Visual artist must take several factors such as where the finished piece will be displayed, into account.
Click on below Video: Why is Visual Arts Education Important?
Benefits of Visual Development Training
Visual Development training provides opportunities for students to perceive, respond to and create and communicate through images allowing them to experience and practice throughout their lives the ideas, power and emotions expressed in visual images.
- Fundamental to the development of individual potential, social responsibility and cultural awareness.
- Contribute to the intellectual, aesthetic, social, physical and emotional development of the individual.
- Provide students with enjoyment, pleasure and a deepened awareness of themselves and their place in their environment.
For students who are interested to learn more on Visual Development and would like to learn this on a more professional level, please sign up today for our Arena Animation Course.